Bonita Bay Dental
Bonita Springs, FL Sleep Apnea Treatment by Dr. Keith Morse
We will help you get a good night’s sleep
Obstructive sleep apnea can be a serious condition, with the decision of what kind of appliance to use to correct it made in conjunction with your doctor’s and dentist’s recommendations. The oral appliance has several advantages, such as being easy to get used to, being small and easy to take with you when you are traveling. Giving the device a good trial, and following up with your doctor and dentist will be important in determining if an oral device is appropriate for your need.
The main symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea are:
- excessive sleepiness during the day
- frequent pauses in breathing or choking noises when you’re asleep
- getting up at night to urinate more than normal
- feeling unrefreshed when you wake up
- having a headache, or possibly a sore throat or dry mouth when you wake up
Disturbed sleep is likely to have other effects on you and your health. You may:
- fall asleep during the day
- find it hard to concentrate
- have mood swings or personality changes
- feel depression
Bear in mind, many of these symptoms can be caused by problems other than sleep apnoea. But if you are having any of these symptoms, see Dr. Keith Morse for a piece of advice. The Bonita Bay Dental team will be happy to answer any questions you may have about our recommended sleep apnea treatments.